It’s an NFL. Since the letter N begins with a vowel sound, we use the indefinite article "an".
It’s an NFL. When talking about the National Football League, we typically pronounce the acronym NFL as individual letters.
How much money does an NFL player make a year?
How much money does a NFL player make a year?
Since the letter N begins with a vowel sound, we use the indefinite article "an".
There are 28 states without an NFL team.
Remember, the rule for choosing between "a" and "an" is based on pronunciation (not spelling), so we say an NFL team, an NFL player, an NFL game, an NFL quarterback, etc.
How long does an NFL game last?
Follow the same convention to pronounce the consonant "N" as a single letter (an N).
I got a cookie with an N on it.
The following abbreviations also begin with the letter N and are pronounced as separate letters; therefore, they take the article "an":
- an NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)
- an NBA (National Basketball Association)
- an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- an NFT (Non-Fungible Token)
- an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization)
- an NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- an NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
- an NRA (National Rifle Association)
- an NSA (U.S. National Security Agency)
- an NYSE (New York Stock Exchange)